Rating your photos is a way to sort and select the ones to edit and find later. You can rate photos 1 to 5 stars.
To rate photos:
- Select one or more thumbnails of the photos that you want to rate. (Use the Shift key to select multiple, contiguous thumbnails or the Command Control key to select multiple, non-contiguous thumbnails.)
- Do one of the following:
- Select Browser > Rating > and the rating your want to give.
- Click the rating button and select the rating your want to give.
- Control-click Right-click on one of the thumbnails to pop-up the menu and select the rating your want to give.
- From the Metadata Inspector, select the rating your want from the pop-up menu.
Note: If you have a multi-button mouse, you can alternatively right-click to pop-up the menu rather than control-click.
Note: Rating either raw or TIFF files does not modify them in any way; instead, the rating information is stored in sidecar XMP files. Rating JPEG files modifies only the rating metadata: the image data is not modified.