Default tone curve
LightZone can work with raw image files taken directly from the leading digital cameras as easily as with TIFF or JPEG images.
The raw files from some cameras, however, always need a default “tone curve” applied to them to look correctly. For such raw files, LightZone automatically adds a ZoneMapper containing the default tone curve to the tool stack. Even though the ZoneMapper is added collapsed and locked, you can expand it (by double-clicking it in its title bar) to inspect the curve. You are also free to unlock and edit or delete it.
The raw files from the following cameras will have a default tone curve:
- EOS 1D, EOS 1D Mark II, EOS 1D Mark II N, EOS 1D Mark III, EOS 1Ds, EOS 1Ds Mark II, EOS 1Ds Mark III, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS Digital Rebel (300D), EOS Digital Rebel XT (350D), EOS Digital Rebel XTi (400D), EOS Kiss Digital Powershot G2, Powershot G3, Powershot G5, Powershot G6, Powershot G9, Powershot S30, Powershot S40, Powershot S50, Powershot S60
- Finepix E550, Finepix E900, Finepix F700, Finepix F710, Finepix S2 Pro, Finepix S3 Pro, Finepix S5 Pro, Finepix S20 Pro, Finepix S5000, Finepix S5100, Finepix S5200, Finepix S5600, Finepix S7000, Finepix S9000, Finepix S9500
- DCS Pro 14N, DCS Pro SLR-C, DCS Pro SLR-N, P712, P850, P880, Pro Back
- AG M8 Digital, AG R9 Digital Back DMR, D-Lux 2, Digilux 2, Digilux 3, V-Lux 1
- Alpha-7 Digital, Dimage A1, Dimage A2, Dimage A200, Dimage 5, Dimage 7, Dimage 7 HI, Dynax 5D, Dynax 7D, Maxxum 7D
- D1H, D1X, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D40, D40X, D50, D70, D70s, D80, D100, D200, D300, E5400, E8400, E8700, E8800
- C-5050Z, C-5060WZ, C-70Z, C-7000Z, C-7070WZ, C-8080WZ, E-1, E-3, E-10, E-20, E-20N, E-20P, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-500, E-510, SP-350, SP-500UZ, SP-550UZ
- DMC-FZ18, DMC-FZ30, DMC-FZ50, DMC-L1, DMC-L10, DMC-LC1, DMC-LX1, DMC-LX2,
- K10D, K100D, *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS
- Caplio GX100
- DSC R1, DSLR A100, DSLR A700