Regions: Copying regions
Once created, a region can be copied. This is very useful in a couple of situations:
- You want to apply a single tool to multiple areas of your photo that have the same shape, for example to blur similarly sized blemishes.
- You want to apply multiple tools to the same area of your photo, for example to increase both the contrast and sharpness of a person’s eyes.
Additionally, when you paste a region into one tool that has been copied from another, you can paste it linked. If a linked region is moved or edited, all the regions it is linked to are likewise moved or edited.
To copy and paste a region:
- Select the region you want to copy by clicking it. (Its contour will change from a solid line to a dashed line.)
- Select Edit > Copy Region.
- Select the tool in the tool stack where you want to paste the region.
- Select Edit > Paste Region or Paste Region Linked.