ZoneMapper: Adjusting brightness
One of several adjustments you can make to your photo using the ZoneMapper tool is brightness.
“Brightness” is what is perceived as the tonal range starting from the highest highlights down to the midtones. Your photo can be adjusted to appear brighter without increasing exposure by lifting up the midtones.
To increase the brightness of your photo:
- Click the ZoneMapper tool button in the tool bar. (A new ZoneMapper tool will appear at the top of the tool stack.)
- Move the mouse along the zones in the ZoneMapper to approximately the middle zone.
- Click between two zones. A zone lock will appear (a thin, blue line with a little ‘X’ at its right).
- Drag the zone lock upwards. As you do so, your photo will get brighter.
(a) before (b) after
- To delete a zone lock, click the little ‘X’ at its right.
Note: To decrease the brightness of you photo, drag the zone lock downwards rather than upwards.